Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Everybody Is Talkin' 'Bout Peace In The World

This week's theme for You Capture is Peace. Initially, I struggled with this. My life hasn't felt very peaceful lately. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but I'm also FRAZZLED.
Still, there is so much peace to be found, if you only take the moment to look for it (in other words, give peace a chance).
There is peace in sitting amongst the newly sprouted Queen Anne's Lace that dot our backyard
"Soft and sweet
How the notes all bend and reach above the trees, trees"

Peace in the sun breaking through the trees after a cloudy morning
"But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see"
Peace in finding moments to steal a hug
"Love to be
In the arms of all I'm keeping here with me, me"
Peace in puckering up for a kiss
"Now how I remember you
How I would push my fingers through
Your mouth to make those muscles move
That made your voice so smooth and sweet"
Peace in beautiful days at the park with friends
"What a beautiful face
I have found in this place
That is circling all round' the sun
And when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud
I'll be laughing with everyone I see"

I hope you found your peace this week.

Lyrics from "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" by The Neutral Milk Hotel

29 comments:

Heather D said...

Peace is where you find it, right? Great shots, love the puckering up. So darling.

Julie From Inmates said...

Love your captures!! So peaceful, all of them! =)

Anjie said...

You are right, I think we all need to look for the peace in our lives because it is there even if we don't think it is.
Nice pictures, and the one of the sun through the trees is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes all the frazzled-ness needs the stillness of pictures to appreciate the beauty and peace in the moment.

april said...

That just shouts peace from the rooftop and I love it.

Diana Lesjak said...

Beautifully peaceful .... great shots!

Christy M. said...

Now that looks like some serious peace. Lots of it. Those boys are so SWEET, Erin.

Hugs!

anymommy said...

Your gorgeous babies are peaceful. I just caught up on all the answers. Loved it! I want you to do a make up consultation for me soooo badly.

Anonymous said...

beautiful shots, and so peaceful

Misty said...

These are GORGEOUS shots. Love them... Beautiful. Great light captures...

Sally said...

Love the one through the tree, I couldn't think how to capture plants etc for peace.

Kathleen said...

Oh, great shots!! I especially like the the angle of that first one!

Saj said...

I love the composition of that first shot! And it is a very peaceful image. Great captures!

Jessi said...

Isn't it funny how the very people that probably add the most to our hecticness (?) also can bring the most peace. Thank God for them :) Beautiful post.

designHER Momma said...

initially peace does seem hard to find. but you are right, it's everywhere.

Chocolate Girl said...

Beautiful shots, great post.

Unknown said...

Looks like you found it all around despite your "frazzled-ness!" : )

I really like the first shot and of course baby!

Stefany said...

Great shots.

I feel like a broken record... but you have a beautiful family.

Those early days quickly (although doesn't seem it at the time) lead to more PEACEful times with your little one, which you know. Try to enjoy the frazzled right now because it is so quickly gone. Joley just turned 8 months and time has gone way too quickly.

Mimi's Toes said...

There is no more perfect peace than I see here.

Mendie said...

Love the queen anne's lace! gotta love the cuddle time!

Love said...

so happy you found that peace that was totally surrounding you!

mommy boo of two said...

I love the sun and hug pictures, great job!

Unknown said...

Yes I finally found some this week. Love these pics!!

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

Beautiful photos. The most remarkable thing about looking for peace is that we needn't look far. It truly and wondrously is, and always will be, as close as our eyes. As tangible as our arms. As permanent as our memories. Babies. Nature. Arms around a child.

Exquisite Capture and words to match.

casual friday every day said...

Love the one of you and your son laying down in the sun.

Nell

Bacardi Mama said...

I'm not sure what's more peaceful, the pictures or the words. great job!

Unknown said...

Your peace pictures are very sweet! Perfect sentiments right along with perfect pictures! Love it!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Those are beautiful photos. Yes, I found some peace too. It's nice when one can, right? :-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post!