Friday, February 20, 2009

My Birthday Boy

Luke,

Two years ago, you were born. Two days ago, I happened to be standing in the very room where you were born, and I recalled how at the moment you entered this world, a ray of sunshine broke through the heavy February clouds. Your name means bringer of light, and from that first moment, you've brought more light to our lives than I could ever imagine.

You bring light to me every morning when I get you out of the crib, and you nestle your sweet head into my shoulder and murmur, "Hi mama." You bring light to me at the darkest time of my day when I have to leave for work, and you sweetly hug and kiss me, but you never, ever cry, like you know how it's already so hard for me. You bring us light with your laughter, your wonder, and the way you're such a boy, but yet you still fold so sweetly into our arms.

No matter what, I promise we'll never take your light for granted.
All of my love, always.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oldest is 9 today, and my good friends' twins turn 1 today. It's a great day for a birthday! :)

Megan said...

Best post ever. So sweet.

Crooked Eyebrow said...

So very sweet, you made me cry.
Happy Birthday Luke!


I hope you all enjoy his day!

Anonymous said...

awww. so sweet.
*tear*

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Luke!

You're alright by me!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope Luke has the very best 2nd birthday!!! Wish I lived closer and could help you celebrate!

Love,
Katie :)

james and michele said...

so sweet! i love that a simple book like "good night moon" put them to sleep. :)

happy birthday luke!

Jenni said...

Awww! Happy Birthday, Luke!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke!

Cassie said...

Very sweet post. Happy birthday Luke!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh wow! Happy Birthday! So sweet.

Steph

Jen S. said...

Happy birthday, Luke!!

Anonymous said...

Aww Happy Birthday Luke

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

What a beautiful, meaningful, lovely birthday message for your little darling boy... he is sunshine and light and all that is warm and good, and he is wrapped in your love for all eternity.

Remember, too, that he will be 2 for a mere moment in time... but what a miracle 2 is!!

Happy Birthday, beautiful Luke!

InTheFastLane said...

Happy Birthday!!!! So Sweet.

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

So beautiful and touching. He's a wonderful little boy, I hope you guys have a great day celebrating the beautiful gift he is!

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

my computer is being ridiculous, so i haven't been on it much the past few days. but i hope the party went well today, and happy belated birth day to you!! :) i love you.

Christy M. said...

Oh my gosh. I can't believe I'm two (almost 3) days late reading this post. I'll blame it on Lisa!!

Happy belated birthday Luke!!!

Beautiful post, Erin. I love the meaning of his name!!

Anonymous said...

So simply stated but yet it says so much. I love it.

Happy Birthday to the little man!

anymommy said...

So lovely and simple with so much love packed into your words. Now, I'm off to read the birth story...I love them!

Tallulah said...

What a beautiful post, Erin. Wow. You two are so lucky to have such a wonderful little angel in your lives :) Please say hi to the Mr. from me! Haven't seen him in years. I am so happy for you both.

Mimi's Toes said...

Such a sweet message to your precious Luke. Happy Happy 2nd Birthday Big Brother Luke!