Thursday, December 23, 2010

Shadows On The Sky

I really thought my captured lights would be Christmas lights, but after driving home from the most disastrous Santa experience ever we ran into this sunset.

The sun was making the most perfect play of light and shadows across the fields of snow.
109

Unfortunately, my windows are dirty, so I braved the cold and a rapidly moving car to take this photo. Shane joked that somehow, I was going to drop the camera out the window, but miraculously, I held onto it.
110
It was totally worth the risk to capture that gorgeous vertical sunbeam. I suppose it's not really holiday related, but it is definitely magical.

13 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

You need to print and frame these. Perfect captures.

Kristen said...

Wow Erin these are so awesome!!! Another simple pleasure in life right? :-)

Gina Kleinworth said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I have a few like this that I ended up making into posters & putting up around the house. Something that never ceases to capture my awe.

Heather said...

At first glance I thought it was across the lake or something. Love it.

So magical.

Sarah said...

that is one amazing sunset!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! We still don't have snow in Kansas :( Good thing I'm heading to Wisconsin next week:) Great shots!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful and full of magic. :)

Elizabeth Lyng said...

You did a great job - these are fantastic and surely fit the magical description!

Jen said...

So, so pretty! Definitely worth the risk!

Alicia said...

Now, THAT'S a breathtaking picture! Wow!

Teresa said...

Definitely beautiful and worth the life and death risk! Happy Holidays!

ToadMama said...

I'm glad you risked the cold. But that gorgeous sunset may even have looked good through a dirty window. You could just tell everyone it was your special windshield texture.

Kaycee said...

Gorgeous! Definitely worth the cold, and I don't say that lightly! :) (brrr...)