Monday, May 11, 2009

Overwhelmed

"I know you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?" Quick, name that movie to gain my undying respect and admiration!

Last week, I wrote about being overwhelmed. This week, I'm still overwhelmed and wishing I could tell you all these work stories, because oh my, do I have some doozies. But I can't, so instead I want to tell you that I'm overwhelmed in a good way.

I am overwhelmed by all the birthday wishes I received via phone, blog, email, twitter, and on and on. SO overwhelmed by all the love that was poured my way that day. I can't even begin to say thank you for it all. I don't want to brag about all the goodies I got, but I hope you'll let me brag just a LITTLE bit. Wednesday morning, I arrived at work to find my classroom decorated with signs, balloons, and flowers, with Starbucks waiting outside the door.


And the best part is that, by some miracle, my students didn't touch the decorations so I got to enjoy them all day! For lunch, my coworkers had a Coldstone cake and Wendy's, then shortly after lunch, flowers from Shane arrived. Can I tell you how much I love getting flowers at work? LOVE it. And because he is a good husband, he remembered that Stargazer lilies are my favorite!

I was really happy with the flowers being my only gift, but when I got home he surprised me with these two amazing prints from etsy. As if that wasn't enough, he also got me a gift certificate for a mommy-to-be spa package. I know, right?? At that point, I made him promise to not get me anything for Mother's Day because I felt too spoiled!

The next night was Mom's Nite Out, organized by the lovely Steph. Not only did I meet some wonderful new bloggers, but again with the completely overwhelmed feeling when Steph surprised me with a sling (I can't wait to put a teeny baby in it) and a Coldstone cake. And I won a spa gift certificate to Wyndham Hotel, so hello, totally feeling spoiled again. Not to mention the goody bag with two boxes of Little Debbie 100 calorie snack cakes! I LOVE those. Every week, I hit up the Little Debbie section at the grocery store because I am so in love with the 100 calorie cakes.

No one had a lighter, so I had to pretend to blow out the candles. Not a bad job on my part! It was an amazing time.

Friday, we celebrated with my parents. My mom made a delicious chocolate cake, making it THREE nights in a row that I'd eaten cake. Not too shabby. Last night, Shane and I went out for fondue, which I just love, love, love. Afterward, we went to the mall, and I treated myself to two new lipsticks at the MAC counter. Technically one was a replacement for my favorite lipstick that I broke, so really, it was justifiable! Oh, also I remembered why I don't go to the mall anymore because the place was just brimming with my students.

I feel like I don't deserve any of this, but I am so thankful for it. I feel like in the span of a week, I received way more than I give in the course of a year. Whether I feel like I deserve it or not, I'm going to hold on to all this love for as long as I can.

13 comments:

Megan said...

You deserve all that and more, don't even doubt that for a second!

Toni said...

Isn't it great to feel SO special like that? We should all take that as a lesson and do more of that for people. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! I must say, I am impressed that your husband went on etsy and found something for you! I don't think my husband even knows what etsy is LOL
Toni

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love everything about this! (and did you know I love 10 Things I Hate About You?)

Um, I LOVE FONDUE. And those prints! You are spoiled girl. And you deserve it!

Steph

Julie said...

Umm...cake three nights in a row....you truly are my hero.... I"m so glad you had an awesome b-day/mother's day!! I can't believe baby #2 is almost here!

Anonymous said...

You deserve everything that was given! You're a wonderful person. Also those slings are gorgeous. Stephanie did a good job!

Crooked Eyebrow said...

You DO deserve it all!
I am so very happy that you had such a great birthday celebration!

Keep on enjoying it all!
Love ya!

Mimi's Toes said...

You are so blessed! I love the delicate way you blew out your fake candles. Those are one of my favorite flowers too.

Kim said...

You absolutely deserve it, don't think for a second that you don't :) I am so glad you had such a fabulous birthday weekend!!!

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

Is it from "10 Things I Hate About You"?

What a spectacular birthday for a spectacular person! You are blessed and you are a blessing!

Enjoy the ride!

E said...

I am so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy belated birthday, babe!

Jenni said...

You totally deserve ALL of it! And more! I am so glad you had such a special birthday, Erin!

Unknown said...

You do deserve everything. And what a great way to celebrate. I love that you were able to enjoy your favorite things - especially MAC, love that!

anymommy said...

I am SO glad you had such a great birthday. You totally deserve it!