Friday, June 7, 2013

August-June

As a teacher, the 180 days spent in school span out so differently each year. There are some years that each day feels like a lifetime. There are some years that they fly by and suddenly it's Christmas-spring break-hey, it's May! That was this year.

As a parent, the years always fly by and Luke's first year of Kindergarten was no exception. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was taking a photo of this nervous little guy with his seemingly too big backpack and wondering how on earth I was going to put him on a school bus and send him off into the world.
IMG_8760

Somehow we did and somehow we blinked and it was the last day of Kindergarten. The backpack shrunk and the smile wasn't really nervous anymore.
Untitled
He came skipping home from school with a backpack full of papers, an award certificate for Analyzing Appetizing Avocados, and a report card full of S+'s. He had such an incredible first year of school. He's reading above grade level and has grown so much socially. I could easily brag on and on, but suffice to say, we had an excellent first year of school and while I'm hoping the summer goes by slooooowwwllly, I'm also so grateful for a good year for him and looking forward to many, many more.

3 comments:

jaime said...

Happy summer! (When did Luke turn 10? Why do kids seem to age so quickly? Make it stop, please.)

Bari said...

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I now have HS JUNIORS!!! How the hell is that even possible?

Have a great summer and great job to Luke!

Jen said...

Wow, first grade next year. Crazy how fast it goes.

I remember when I first started following you and it was not long before T was born on the stairs...time flies!

Mine will be 10th, 8th, 7th and Kindergarten in the fall! Hold Me!

Happy Summer, Erin!