Monday, July 9, 2012

makin' a list, checkin' it twice

At the start of summer, Luke and I sat down together and made a summer to-do list of all his hopes for our summer vacation. I explained to him that we might not be able to do everything on the list, but we sure would try.

Untitled

Yesterday, we went back and revisited his list now that summer is half over (SOB). This summer hasn't been the most cooperative or the happiest summer in the history, yet we've still managed to do quite a few things on his list. Luckily, some of them were pretty easy, like go past his sitter's house. She lives right down the street, so we've done that quite a few times. Of course, now that his training wheels are gone, he's on his bike every single day, even during the recent heat wave. We've been to the beach many times and took my mom on a picnic to Taltree, not to mention kicking off the summer with a hole in one.
Untitled
After going through the list, we realized that we've done all but four things--and we'll be celebrating Tommy's birthday this weekend. So of course, we needed to make a new list!

Untitled

This one was a little bit more simple. Luke wants to go play at friends' houses and have friends over to play. He wants to go to a local greenhouse and buy daisies to plant. We're still going to go canoeing and to the zoo. If finances allow, we'll go to the waterpark. He wants to go to Toys 'R Us once this summer and play at an indoor educational center and we all want to take our bikes to a nearby bike trail, so we can enjoy a family bike ride without worrying about cars.

Although I want the rest of summer to drag by very slowly, I can't wait to see where his list takes us.

8 comments:

Bari said...

Love your little list--maker! Very nice job on cranking out all that fun for Luke (and Tommy).

Barb Ruess said...

Oh, a list. Lists make my heart happy.

Crooked Eyebrow said...

I love all of it!
He is getting so big,so handsome.

Have fun with your list!

And he is officially invited over for pool play date!

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

awww, I love this list!! he is getting so big, I can't even stand it!

Stephanie said...

What fun! We've been going with the flow this summer, but that's kind of how it goes with two toddlers and another on the way. I love lists though!

Kate said...

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to make summer lists!

Foursons said...

I love both of y'alls lists. I hate that summer is 1/2 over too. :( Slow down summer!

Unknown said...

I love that your list is almost completed!