Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

I love Easter. It is my favorite of favorites and always has been. It's about hope. Life. Renewal. And also, candy and deviled eggs, both of which I love, amen.

Thanks to the unseasonably warm weather we've had this year, the lilacs are blooming. They don't usually bloom until May, so I took advantage and filled three centerpieces with lilacs. This one was my favorite.
DSC_0003

My Easter also included these bad boys, which are just as delicious as they look.
Untitled
(Source)

We didn't get a family photo because guests showed up early and we ate during Tommy's nap time, meaning he was none too interested in photos. I did manage to snap these two photos of my favorite guys. We played outside for hours after we ate. Luke insisted on the world's longest game of tag, which is not so much fun when you have a stomach full of food, but we had an absolute blast all the same.

DSC_0020
DSC_0011

Linking up to You Capture!



15 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Your boys are so, so handsome!
Can I come over and eat your centerpiece?

Bari said...

I adore that peeps and jelly bean centerpiece! (Your boys pretty much rock, too)

Foursons said...

Wow, the centerpiece is gorgeous! I didn't get any family pictures either. Next time, right?!

Julie said...

I reject the reality in which your kids are giant. Also? Love the peeps centerpiece. :-)

Amanda D said...

Such a cute centerpiece. The lilacs are beautiful!

BindiM said...

Great Easter centrepiece!

Barb Ruess said...

I too had lilacs as my centerpiece and I too love deviled eggs (and Cadbury eggs). Hooray for a yummy, family-filled Easter :)

Heather said...

I, too, like the peeps in the center piece. Cute idea!

Anonymous said...

I love the lilacs!

Katie said...

You made some good looking little boys Erin! Love their Easter smiles. The lilacs...can you believe it - APRIL! I like the arrangement you put together.

shellycoulter said...

Awesome centerpiece! :)

Unknown said...

Oh golly those boys are so cute!! :D Happy Easter!

Stacia said...

I think my computer is going to short-circuit from all the drool on the keyboard. Those brownies look Scrumptious, capital S!

Stillmary said...

I love your lilac centerpiece and your boys - in fact they're all great shots.

Unknown said...

Ooohh, lilacs. They are the essence of Spring to me. Beautiful centerpiece.