Monday, May 7, 2012

Surprise!

So, a party happened and I was invited, but I didn't know it until we arrived, thanks to the trickery of Julie, Donya, my husband and everyone else who knew about it but kept it a secret (including Luke, who knew for three weeks that this was happening!).
cakephoto

I want to tell you all about it, but I'm busy and tired today (hello, long night of thunderstorm after thunderstorm) so that will have to wait until later this week, when I will hopefully have lots of fun pictures to share (including me covering my mouth and pointing at Shane and calling him a jerk). What I do want to tell you is that if the first day of my 30s is any indication of how the rest of this decade will be, it's going to be pretty amazing and full of blessings.

party

Thanks, Tommy, for the awkward hand placement. You know how to help your mom take a good photo.

11 comments:

nicole said...

Happy, happy birthday! Love the photo--that's mom life, right? Love that your friends and family pulled off a surprise. So fun!

V said...

That cake looks absolutely INCREDIBLE! And a HUGE HAHA about Tommy's hand. I totally didn't notice it at first.
Happy 30th!

jaime said...

Happy belated birthday! Can't wait to see more pictures! :)

Julie said...

YAY! So glad you enjoyed it and that it truly was a surprise! Happy Birthday, fabulous friend!!!

Kristen said...

I can't believe Luke kept it a secret for 3 weeks! Go Luke! 30's are going to be amazing :)

Foursons said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I have loved my 30's. (I'm heading on my way out of them now.) Things kind of fall into place during this decade. The hand thing- hilarious!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

hahaha love that photo!

Jen said...

ha! Happy birthday, and that photo is awesome :)

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Best. Picture. Ever.

Bari said...

That.Photo.Rocks! And so do you :)

Heather said...

I just happened upon your site and the first thing I see is cake. Yay. Happy birthday. I turned 30 in Chicago and loved every minute of it.