Thursday, March 25, 2010

You Capture: A Moment

For this week's You Capture, I wanted to capture a moment from each day this week that made my soul sing, alongside the lyrics from one of my most very favorite soul and heart lifting songs. I hope your moments were beautiful and full of music this week, too.

What a beautiful face I have found in this place
That is circling all round the sun

What a beautiful dream

That could flash on the screen

In a blink of an eye and be gone from me

Soft and sweet

Let me hold it close and keep it here with me, me
013
And one day we will die
And our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea

But for now we are young

Let us lay in the sun

And count every beautiful thing we can see

Love to be
In the arms of all I'm keeping here with me, me

066
What a curious life we have found here tonight
There is music that sounds from the street
There are lights in the clouds
Anna's ghost all around
Hear her voice as it's rolling and ringing through me
Soft and sweet
How the notes all bend and reach above the trees, trees
089
Now how I remember you
How I would push my fingers through
Your mouth to make those muscles move
That made your voice so smooth and sweet
Now we keep where we don't know
All secrets sleep in winter clothes
With one you loved so long ago
Now he don't even know his name
006
What a beautiful face I have found in this place
That is circling all round' the sun
And when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud
I'll be laughing with everyone I see

Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
008
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea--The Neutral Milk Hotel

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. That's one of my favorite songs, too! I love the first picture you took so much, great job!

shelli said...

Those boys are growing like weeds! How can Tommy be not a teeny baby anymore? Time flies!!! Have a great day and squeeze and kiss them from me :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a beautiful moment!

Melissa said...

Beautiful post and of course you're boys are adorable as always! Love that first picture!

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

Your moments are the very reason photography was invented, lyrics and poems are written and songs are sung. .. I know I've said this before, but I hope you are journaling each of your magnificent posts for your boys and their children and their children. You have the GIFT of the moment...

Kaycee said...

Lovely! That first picture especially is just so sweet and gorgeous. Love those moments. :)

Katy said...

I cannot get over how much Luke looks like you.

Sarah said...

what a good idea! to capture a moment a day... and you captured yours beautifully!

Amy Wilfong said...

Love the first photo especially! Beautiful post all around.

Lindsey said...

Oh these are so beautiful. Your pictures always make me kinda wish for a little boy, but I wouldn't be picky:-)

Mendie said...

that blue sky is awesome! As is the look that Tommy is giving you in the next to last shot! It's so good to see pics of Luke smiling, he normally seems soo intense!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Wait a sec- what happened to Tommy? He's like a boy. He looks all broody and stuff. They are both so gorgeous.

Steph

Jen said...

I love the big gorgeous eyes in the first picture!

Bacardi Mama said...

Way to make me cry. Such a beautiful post. I wholeheartedly agree with Sharon. Save it all for the boys some day.

Unknown said...

Music and photographs. I actually wanted to hear the song while I was looking at those sweet photos.

That first one - I love it.

I love them all but the first one? It got me right in the heart.

:-)

Lee

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Beautiful photos to go with the words. I love that first shot. I'd have to say it is my favorite.

ZDub said...

Breaking my heart.

xo.

followingtheroad said...

Ha! I love the black and white one. He looks confused by the camera. Too cute.

Saj said...

So beautiful-the pictures, the words, your boys. I just adore the first shot. What love.

Sara Joy said...

Aww, and wow, and yes.
Well done, friend.

Sahne said...

You are so right...seems as if at times we just let those moments pass! Only when we look back we notice how precious they are.

Mel said...

My favorite is the first one, definitely captures the moment, but all the other pix are beautiful too. Happy weekend!!

CraftGirlAlli said...

love the first one! what a sweet picture!

amanda said...

totally beautiful. each and every moment.

Upstatemamma said...

That post brought tears to my eyes! Beautiful pictures!! The whole thing just beautiful!

shellycoulter said...

Beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I especially love the black and white close-up of the little one.

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Beautiful. So sweet!

Stillmary said...

Okay, as soon as all my chills settle down, I'll try to comment. That was SO beautiful, so touching. And the expressions on the faces that go with the verses are so priceless. Erin, you ought to teach English...oh wait. Well it fits, because you are gifted.

Christie said...

I love your children's dark eyes. They look so serious! But, I love the sweet moments you captured. I will have to go look up the song, the lyrics sound pretty all on their own.

Unknown said...

Beautiful moments and words. OH and boys too! ;)