The fabulous Rhonda over at Mimi's Toes did this super fun meme, and I had to play along!
She gave me the letter G--because she thinks I'm having a girl (oops, I wrote boy at first, I am officially entering the braindead stage of pregnancy!)--and I have to come up with ten things I love that start with G and ten things I don't much love that start with G.
1. Grapes. I love the fruit, and I love anything grape-flavored. Popsicles, snocones, juice, kool-aid, jelly, love it all!
2. Guys, particularly the hot kind. No, seriously, it's only been in the last few years that I've started making female friends. Before that, I was always the girl who hung with the guys.
3. Gaffigan, Jim. Is that cheating? I don't think so. I love Jim Gaffigan! His DVDs never fail to make me laugh, and I am still SO SAD that I had to miss seeing him in August due to stupid strep throat.
4. Gel pens. I am so totally that teacher who uses sparkly, colored gel pens to grade papers. Red pens? BORING.
5. Green. Green is not a favorite color, but I love the green of the grass and trees when spring FINALLY comes.
6. Grapes of Wrath. I LOVE John Steinbeck. Like, love him so much that I'd marry him if he weren't so old. And dead. The Grapes of Wrath is one of my favorites, especially the poignant ending.
7. Gauchos. When it's warm, I pretty much live in gauchos at work. They're just dressy enough to wear to work, and they are so comfortable.
8. Games. I am a slave to board games. I can play them all the time, but unfortunately, I can't find someone who wants to play with me ALL THE TIME. In the few days before Luke was born, Shane and I had a Yahtzee tournament. It was such a fun time.
9. Giggles. Oh, I love giggles, especially ones from a baby.
10. Giveaways. Who doesn't love the chance to win something free and fabulous?
1. Gelatin. Omg, I abhor Jello. I think it is the grossest thing imaginable. I hate how it tastes, I hate how it jiggles, I hate how it looks, I just hate it! The last time I ate it was years ago, when Shane and I first started dating. We ate dinner at his parents', they made Jello for dessert, and I ate it to be polite.
2. Grapefruit. Grapefruit is the failure of fruits. It tastes like neither grapes nor fruit. It is sour, gross, and too juicy.
3. Gravy. Apparently I hate a lot of G foods. Gravy is gross. I don't eat it on mashed potatoes or turkey or anything. It's brown and sloppy.
4. Gel. I am not a hair gel person. Unless it's really good gel, it makes your hair crunchy. No thanks!
5. Garlic. I like garlic normally, but when I am pregnant, my stomach flips out over garlic. It makes eating out difficult.
6. Groundhogs. Right now, I'm a little ticked at the groundhog for sticking us with six more weeks of winter. Now, I know the groundhog really has nothing to do with it, but I hate winter and want to blame the groundhog.
7. Gel nails. I hope I'm not offending anyone, but I'm just not a fan of the long, very fake looking gel nails that some women sport. Maybe I'm just not girly enough to get it!
8. Granny panties. So not comfortable!
9. G-strings. Also so not comfortable!
10. Gossip. I'll admit that at times, I like a little good gossip as much as the next person. But when gossip gets malicious or blatantly false? I hate it. When gossip hurts? I hate it.
Want to play? Leave me a comment, and I'll give you a letter!