While playing the random blog surfing game, I came across this summertime meme that somehow seemed much more fulfilling than tackling the pile of clean laundry behind me.
There are many things that I love about summer, so coming up with a top ten list was no problem!
1. I'm a teacher, so it should go without saying that I love having summers off. I work hard for nine months, so I feel like I deserve this break. Even better, my husband is a teacher, so we get to enjoy two blissful months of no work!
2. BARE FEET. I love going barefoot. I eschew shoes as often as possible, and when I have to wear them, flip flops all the way.
3. Tank tops! I own Old Navy tanktops in nearly every color of the rainbow, and believe me, they get plenty of wear.
4. I recently bought a super hot PINK Schwinn bike, which is getting plenty of use in the warmer weather. We have been biking around the neighborhood, to the grocery store, you name it, we're there on our two wheels.
5. Luke has loved water from the start (could be the hours I spent laboring in a tub!), so the chance to take him to the beach, waterpark, or pool is always fun.
6. Somehow, life seems better in the summer. Even if you're doing something mundane, like work (not for me, ha!), a dentist appointment, WHATEVER, it always seems easier when greeted by the warm summer sun.
7. Freckles! When I was younger, I hated my freckles, but now, I've come to love the smattering of freckles on my cheeks and shoulders caused by my Irish blood reacting with the sun. My 2nd grade teacher said that each freckle represents a kiss from an angel before you were born, and I like that thought.
8. We always plan trips over the summer, as we are both of work. I so look forward to visiting family and friends.
9. Oh, the beautiful flowers. I have hanging baskets and flowers planted. Pulling into my driveway to see the beautiful flowers always makes me smile.
10. Did I mention that I don't have to work?